Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default WARNING : "Atlas Kablo" cables

On 07/10/2017 18:48, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

The cited pages say that the problem is insufficient copper, not
impure copper.

The wayback machine has an archive of an ACI page about the flex

"identified an irregular strand formation on the 1.5 sqmm conductor of
27 strands of 0.19 mm diam €“ most manufacturers use 27-30 strands of
0.25 mm diam for a 1.5 sqmm nominal cross section."

That's quite a significant drop - in fact that could be only 50% of the
expected CSA. I don't recall the T&E figures being that poor, but I
don't think I had previously seen any for flex.

But doesn't seem to have the corresponding page for the T&E in the archive

Using those numbers, I found this:

http://www.pbsionthenet.net/article/...d-cabling.aspx

--
Cheers,