Posted to rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default What happened toThompsons Water seal?

On Thursday, September 21, 2006 at 8:10:50 AM UTC-7, mac davis wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 14:02:04 GMT, "Shopdog" wrote:

ok, I just got off the phone with Thompsons, I was told that in my region
due to EPA regs they are not allow to ship solvent based product. So, they
now make the water seal with a water base...

Hmmm... a water based product to waterproof wood....
Sort of like "how do they get teflon to stick to the damn pan?

It's the best way to deliver waterproofing, actually; the active stuff washes
into all the same places that water will attempt to enter.

One gallon of water as a vehicle, and after drying, hundreds of gallons of
rain just can't get in.