Posted to alt.home.repair
slate_leeper slate_leeper is offline

Default Garage Door Opener Cycling Up & Down On Its Own ?

On Sat, 7 Oct 2017 06:59:36 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hi,

My son just wrote me the following re his automatic garage door opener:

"We came home today and discovered test our garage seems to be
opening on its own.

There's nothing sitting on the automatics in the cars and nothing stuck
at or near the garage.

To stop this temporarily I switched to manual and unplugged.

But this is a temporary fix for something goofy"

Anyone have any thoughts as to what might be going on ?
As always, thanks for help.

Bob

Possible interference from someone else's remote or even another
device. I have a driveway alarm that, despite my trying different
"encodings" on it, insists on going off every time one of my neighbors
closes his garage door with his remote.

-dan z-

__
Someone who thinks logically provides