Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Weather-proof "lazy susan" type bearing race...

On Fri, 6 Oct 2017 20:44:52 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I'm doing a roulette wheel and used the common hardware lazy susan
disk. However, the weight, using it vertically, and repeated spins
caused a ball bearing to fall out.

Pics, please. The terms "roulette wheel" and "vertical" do not
compute together. Also, lazy susans are absolutely meant to be used
horizontally, and they're not designed for high-speed spins at all.

I am looking for something either better or sealed. The wheel weighs
about ten pounds. Ideas?

For a standard style roulette wheel, you need some thrust and some
axial, so I'd consider using standard wheel bearings of tapered roller
style.
http://tinyurl.com/y7rm9ldc Amazon Grease them with a
low-sticktion lithium grease to get a longer spin if necessary.

-- Sir Winston Churchill