Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Weather-proof "lazy susan" type bearing race...

wrote in message
I'm doing a roulette wheel and used the common hardware lazy susan
disk. However, the weight, using it vertically, and repeated spins
caused a ball bearing to fall out. I am looking for something either
better or sealed. The wheel weighs about ten pounds. Ideas?

I made a weatherproof bearing for a solar panel array from stainless
steel balls and races turned from scrap stainless plate. The shank of
a carbide drill bit cut the grooves. The housing is a PVC pipe cap
with a retaining ring of PVC pipe.

If you'd rather buy than make it, bearings can be found on-line or at
an industrial supplier in your area.
https://www.amazon.com/Thrust-Ball-B...n%3A5485702011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_Industries

-jsw