Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Not so smart meter

"GB" wrote in message
news
On 06/10/2017 16:40, Dave W wrote:

I have no gas, and my smart electric meter does not have the capability
of
being switched off, as judged by its spec found online, and by the
assurance
from the electricity provider on the phone when I agreed to have it
installed.

The problem is that the spec may tell you how it's supposed to work,

And whether it can switch 100A even if it wanted to, or even
switch anything rather than just recording how much you use.

not how it's going to work after the firmware is hacked.

In particular, the manufacturer might have two models: one that can be
turned off remotely, and one that can't.

And the specs would say that.

The difference may just lie in the firmware. If that can be updated
remotely, then ....

Unlikely they would put a 100A contactor in them all.