Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default are there salvagable parts in a Sharp LCD tv

On Friday, 6 October 2017 14:00:36 UTC+1, Tim R wrote:

The neighbor has a Sharp LCD tv, small screen size but rather thick profile, with a cracked screen.

The glass in front isn't cracked but if you turn it on there's a nice pattern of cracks radiating out from what looks like a small impact site.

We're trying to figure out how to dispose of it without paying the recycling fee. It's $25 per unit for electronics here. Would there be any components in it worth salvaging? I dunno, power supply, memory, something like that?

Whether stuff is worth salvaging depends on how much you get paid, what you have in stock etc. So there's no way we can know. There are certainly things in it you can make stuff from.

NT