Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Not so smart meter

On 06/10/2017 16:40, Dave W wrote:

I have no gas, and my smart electric meter does not have the capability of
being switched off, as judged by its spec found online, and by the assurance
from the electricity provider on the phone when I agreed to have it
installed.

The problem is that the spec may tell you how it's supposed to work, not
how it's going to work after the firmware is hacked.

In particular, the manufacturer might have two models: one that can be
turned off remotely, and one that can't. The difference may just lie in
the firmware. If that can be updated remotely, then ....