Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default are there salvagable parts in a Sharp LCD tv

The neighbor has a Sharp LCD tv, small screen size but rather thick profile, with a cracked screen.

The glass in front isn't cracked but if you turn it on there's a nice pattern of cracks radiating out from what looks like a small impact site.

We're trying to figure out how to dispose of it without paying the recycling fee. It's $25 per unit for electronics here. Would there be any components in it worth salvaging? I dunno, power supply, memory, something like that?