Posted to alt.home.repair
Luckyaron Luckyaron is offline

Default Grrrrr what is going on here?

I've just installed a ceiling fan , there was no prior fan but there was a
switch at the door that controlled an outlet . the switch simply had a 12-2 w
ground going into it. Its a spst switch so black is going into switch as well
as the white . now I tried running from power supply into switch out to fan
and ran the white past switch right to tbe white on fan no luck I'm getting
power to the fan but it's a remote fan an light with dimmer remote I tried
every way that ive been reading . can anyone explain how to wire this I've got
12-2 with ground at switch with white being hot I need it switched and fan
tied in to the switch ?
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/b3