Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington[_2_] David Billington[_2_] is offline

Default Holes in welded and galvanised structures

On 05/10/17 23:56, Christopher Tidy wrote:
I've been looking at a few welded structures made from tubular steel and galvanised. They often include open holes (see pictures below). Anyone know why? I could make a few guesses but I'm not certain.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138493...posted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138493...posted-public/

Chris

Items that are hot dip galvanised have to be vented in order to prevent
dangerous pressure build-up, I've had many items dipped and it is a good
processĀ* but theĀ* sections need to be vented to relieve the pressure
build up .