Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Can I play MP3?

In sci.electronics.repair, on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 09:04:30 +0100, Mike Coon
wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
says...

My new used car from 2005 has a CD that will not play an MP3 CD, but I
can buy an adapter that will add an AUX input and a USB input to the
radio. (Since the radio has a CD changer jack that is not in use, and
this is designed for that shape of jack.)

Long after I ordered one for $18, it suddenly dawned on me that if it
can't play an MP3 CD, it won't be able to play an MP3 file from a
USB-connected flashdrive. That's true, is it not????

It's amazing how long it took me to think of this problem, at least a
week.

I'd say it depends on the capabilities of this mysterious "adaptor".
What does it claim?

Hmmm. Same link as in other post:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-USB-Aux-...72.m2749.l2649

It doesn't really claim much: "Car USB Aux-in Adapter MP3 Player Radio
Interface For RAV4 Yaris Tundra Lexus"

I guess it's telling the truth: I will be able to connect a USB to the
radio, even if it won't do anything.

One guy says "Very good it's perfect for my yaris 2007."

But his radio is two years newer.

(The price went up to $20 since I bought it. )

Mike.

Hm.