Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Altroy1 Altroy1 is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

Ophelia wrote:
news
On 04/10/17 11:24, pamela wrote:
On 11:18 4 Oct 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 03/10/17 10:15, pamela wrote:
We can't insist the EU trades with us under terms which we
identify as the ones we would like.

We can.

In terms of our imports.

We can set what terms we like.

If we wanted to be spiteful we could resuce imports from the EU
to a trickle ad buy suff from elsewhere.

Okay, we can insist but we can't force the EU into doing what we
insist.

Yes, in certain cases we can.
Once we are sovereign, we can control what comes into this country, and
who, and what price they have to pay.

And there would be nothing the EU could do except impose similar
restrictions.

I fully expect they will. Taking us back to the 1940s in terms of
political relaitinships.

The EU mst insit that Britain gets a *worse* deal than the rest of the
world.

==

Exactly! It is afraid if we have an easy ride, other countries will
feel it could be easy for them to escape too.

In other words the type of approach addopted by "project fear" in the Scottish
indyref:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Together_campaign)

In March 2014 the Conservatives, Labour and the Liberal Democrats ruled
out a currency union between the UK and an independent Scotland.
Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne stated that "If Scotland
walks away from the UK, it walks away from the pound."

On 23 June 2013, in an article marking the campaign's first
anniversary, the Sunday Herald claimed that "Privately, some inside
Better Together even refer to the organisation as Project Fear"

Some club when the members have to be held by fear.

The EU cannot, and should not, countenance a utopian Brexit offshore tax haven
(where employment rights are non-existent, animal welfare abolished, ultra
laissez-faire banking speculators and gamblers free-for all encouraged ) getting
unfettered access to the Single Market whilst moonlighting as the fifty-first
state of the Land of the Free.

The UK would not put up with Scotland doing it. Neither should the EU.

It seems to be a tad hypocritical to denounce a club and its rules, leave, but
then demand continued use its playing fields and sports facilities without
having to pay a penny.