Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Cheapie Mist Coolant Unit- think I can get it to work?

On Wed, 4 Oct 2017 02:09:30 -0700 (PDT), robobass
wrote:

Ah. I was hoping to do this with much less pressure. My neighbors would get irritable if I were running the compressor that much.

So isolate the noise from the compressor. A simple carpet-insulated
(interior) box/shack around it can cut much of the noise from reaching
irritable ears. (That includes mine.)

He Who Always Replies To Trolls was right, too, that adding capacity
to your air tank might help. It'll take longer to fill but twice as
long to come back on. Better yet, do both.

P.S: If this is the one you bought, you overpaid. g
http://tinyurl.com/yc7nwrtd

"Grades:
1. Clean the fluid should be used.
2. Do not use corrosive liquid.
3. In liquid without pressure output required to ensure that the air
pressure in the range 5-7KGF / cm2
(Atomization and gas, associated gas pressure).
4. Use the viscosity of the liquid in 68cSt or less."

5-7kgf/cm2 = 71=100psi. 68cst = something like 20w oil.
(Thank you google and ebay.)

-- Sir Winston Churchill