Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

In article , Mark
writes
On Tue, 3 Oct 2017 03:14:18 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Monday, 2 October 2017 17:21:02 UTC+1, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 16:59:35 +0100, James Harris
wrote:

On 02/10/2017 15:31, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 15:24:17 +0100, James Harris
wrote:

On 02/10/2017 15:14, Mark wrote:
On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 14:43:57 +0100, James Harris
wrote:

On 02/10/2017 14:12, pamela wrote:
On 13:04 2 Oct 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 02/10/17 12:01, pamela wrote:

The negotiation is not just the part where we sit around a
table and banter with one another over tea & biscuits then
leave with handshakes and smiles. Everything is part of the
negotiation and that includes walkouts, threats, brinkmanship,
partisan voting, off the record briefings and so on.

Yes, thats how amateurs negotiate, Business men establish first
that they are not dealing with idiots, and play the game mostly
straight. It saves time and money

The EU aims to win by fair means or foul. The British aim to win
by only fair means.

Who is most likely to win? I'm not asking whose conscience is the
clearest.

Do we want a good deal or not? Are we going to wise up to the
EU's tactics or are we going to moan about the unfair way Johnny
Foreigner played and won the game?

A fair assessment. I would add that the goals are different.
The EU has
stated that from their point of view Brexit has to cause
diminishment. I
believe them.

Another good reason not to leave the EU.

Sure. Anyone that bullies us should be given in to. No doubt about it.

No, staying in the EU is not giving in.

If we had chosen to stay then I would agree with you. But when the
sequence is:

FSVO "we"

1. We are going to leave
2. Then we'll make choices to ensure you are worse off
3. OK, we'll stay.

Then that's being bullied.

The referendum was very close and recent polls show that the tide has
turned.

Which shows bullying works that's how classic bullying works.

No. There are many reasons for the change on opinions, one of which
was all the lies told by the brexit campaigners.

Oh dear. Still throwing up that old chestnut.
--
bert