Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Not so smart meter

You will probably find like most hubs, and phones the aerial is a bit of
printed circuit with no way to extend it, I mean if its inside a meter, its
probably not even isolated from the mains anyway, so trying to do as you ask
would be illegal. Its illegal to open a meter in any case once its been
sealed for calibration reasons.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"GB" wrote in message
news
Eon came to install a smart meter in the cellar. But there was not enough
signal strength. (Well, I never would have expected that, in a cellar,
below ground level, etc.) So, the meter was not installed.

Surely, there must be some simple solution to this? The meter is a couple
of metres from an air brick, so why not run an aerial lead through that?