Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
tim... tim... is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"pamela" wrote in message
On 06:40 3 Oct 2017, James Harris wrote:

In article ,
James Harris wrote:
No - it's rather like saying to a 3 year old 'if you put your
hand in the fire you'll get burnt' But the child does it
anyway.

Not at all. The EU's decision that a seceding state must be
worse off is not required by any treaty. It is not part of the
EU's rules. It is not a component of the single market. It is
not required by the customs union.

People need to understand this. The EU leaders have made a
CHOICE that the UK must be worse off.

You don't think the UK being worse off might just be down to
leaving the EU?

No, because leaving the EU means leaving its political
structures. /Trade/ with the EU only has to be made harder
because the EU says so.

We can't insist the EU trades with us under terms which we
identify as the ones we would like.

no

but we can insist that it allows us to trade with them on the same terms
that it trades with us

as it sells more to us then we sell to it so has every incentive to sit down
and try to reach a deal

It's that fact that it refuse to do this that's the problem, not the
minutiae of the deal

tim