Posted to uk.d-i-y
Broadback[_3_] Broadback[_3_] is offline

Default Not so smart meter

On 04/10/2017 11:01, GB wrote:
On 04/10/2017 10:46, Michael Chare wrote:
On 04/10/2017 09:59, GB wrote:
Eon came to install a smart meter in the cellar. But there was not
enough signal strength. (Well, I never would have expected that, in a
cellar, below ground level, etc.) So, the meter was not installed.

Surely, there must be some simple solution to this? The meter is a
couple of metres from an air brick, so why not run an aerial lead
through that?

The simple solution is not to have a smart meter.

It wasn't for me, but for a tenant at my old office, who finds it a
chore to go into the cellar to read the meter. I can't say I blame her
for that, and it's a simple enough solution to that problem.

I had the same problem, except the meter was to be installed in my
garage. Must be pretty weak as my phones work fine.