Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Default Vapor Barrior under Concrete Slab??

In article , says...
I think that might have been a mistake.. When I toweled and finished the
surface, I had problems getting the cement/sand to the surface and now,
after full cure, the surface is stull soft and I can scratch it with my
finger nail or if I drop anything on it, it chips or leaves a mark.

I have heard that a local cement finisher won't take a job if there is going
to be vapor barrior under the slab. I don't know his reasoning..

Our basement slab meets local codes. The slab was poured on a crushed
rock bed under 6 mil poly sealed to the foundation walls. No problems
finishing or curing.

Rick