Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default P**s up and brewery.

On 03/10/17 01:31, Hankat wrote:

news
On 02/10/17 12:06, Mark wrote:
On Sun, 01 Oct 2017 21:10:57 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sun, 1 Oct 2017 04:42:08 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:26Â* 30 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

--snip--
and our goods are to their specs.

They already are, so thats a complete yawn.

Until they change the specs and we will have no say in these when
outside the EU.

Then we change the product. Just as we would for product sent to any
other non-EU country.

This is trivially unimportant; stop trying to pretend it's a major
issue.

Neither you nor I know whether this will be a major issue.Â* Many
Brexiters are claiming that the EU is making things as difficult as
possible for the UK - why should this be any different?

Becasue trade cuts both ways.

We could for example, insisr that all imported cars come with a
diamond encrusted vanity mirror, but not locally made ones.

Nope, not possible under WTO rules.

Oh but it is.

Nothing in the WTO says that products dont have to comply to local
regulations.

Or that local regualtins can be waived for some homegrown manufacturers.

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen