Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Painting a Bakelite radio cabinet

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 20:38:11 -0400, rickman wrote:

Mike Coon wrote on 9/30/2017 7:11 PM:
In article ,
says...

In this case, it's caused by authors being paid by the page. In the
distant past, authors were paid by the word. This resulted in
numerous abrevs, contractions, and hypenations to increase the word
count.

That reminds me of my invention of logarithmically-lined paper because
there is always just a few extra lines of writing which (when we used to
do long-hand) just needed to be fitted in to that last page...

That one was pretty good! You should get that patented. lol

Yep. I like it. I did some searching through various online patent
search databases and did not find anything even close. Plenty of
semi-log paper graphs, but nothing suitable for writing. They all
have the necessary semi-log horizontal lines, but they also have
equally spaced vertical lines, which makes it difficult to use as
writing paper.

I think it just might be patentable. No clue how you're going to sell
the idea to a manufacturer of rules writing paper. It's far too easy
to clone and steal:
https://www.google.com/search?q=ruled+writing+paper&tbm=isch
http://objective.restrictions.us/lined-paper

In honor of the cats that like to plant themselves at the center of
attention:
https://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/lined-paper-doodles-art-interactive-4__605.jpg

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558