Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Storkamp Mark Storkamp is offline

Default Can I play MP3?

In article ,
micky wrote:

My new used car from 2005 has a CD that will not play an MP3 CD, but I
can buy an adapter that will add an AUX input and a USB input to the
radio. (Since the radio has a CD changer jack that is not in use, and
this is designed for that shape of jack.)

Long after I ordered one for $18, it suddenly dawned on me that if it
can't play an MP3 CD, it won't be able to play an MP3 file from a
USB-connected flashdrive. That's true, is it not????

It's amazing how long it took me to think of this problem, at least a
week.

Unless your radio is used to control a number of features on the car
(such as in a VW, which yours isn't, since in 2005 VW CD players played
MP3s) then I'd go to someplace like crutchfield.com and buy a new radio
and spend the hour or so to put it in. (been there, done that). There's
probably even a video on youtube for your make and model of car showing
just how to do it.