Posted to comp.mobile.android,alt.internet.wireless,sci.electronics.repair
Roy Tremblay[_2_] Roy Tremblay[_2_] is offline

Default Ubiquity wifi access point

Roy Tremblay actually wrote:

However, even these two relatively weak 14dBi and 18dBi antennas can still
go for miles line of sight under the right conditions on the other side.
https://s26.postimg.org/jbamhcg6h/00eradio.jpg

Update for Jeff and Rod:

Using that bullet and planar antenna above, I finally got around to
physically mounting the Ubiquiti Bullet M2HP connected to a 14dBi planar
antenna outside on a pole stuck into the leftover hole from an ancient
15-foot wide satellite dish which was removed long ago.
https://s26.postimg.org/jbamhcg6h/00eradio.jpg

Here are some LOS Android-based received-signal-strength measurements for
Jeff Liebermann and Rod Speed where I set up *exactly* what Rod Speed wants
to accomplish.
https://s1.postimg.org/7za88bam6n/wifi.jpg

Those measurements are roughly at about 300 feet LOS (-50dBm to -60dBm) and
at about 100 feet LOS (-35dBm to -40dBm) distance from the radio which is
wired to the SOHO router and set up as an "access point" (which is what Rod
wants to do).