Dave Liquorice

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 01:13:49 +0000, Grunff wrote:

42W is "still remarkably greedy" in my book. This 17" iiyama CRT is
taking around 60W not a great deal of difference.

But really, is 40W or thereabouts worth worrying about when your
PC is eating a couple of hundred?

40W for 24/7 is around a unit/day or about =A322/year...

Well the PC is going to be on regardless, now I could possibly
tolerate my percieved short comings of an LCD display if it offered a
decent power saving over a CRT but they don't.

Anyway my PC doesn't take a couple of hundred. It takes around 100
mostly for the CPU, though the video card must take a bit has it runs
at 60C with a fan...

It's not a empty box either, 1GHz Athlon, Ultra 160 SCSI controller,
SCSI CD-RW, SCSI 18G HD, 2 Network Cards, 1 ISDN card, 1 dual port
serial, 1 4xAGP video, 256M of memory (I think). Plus all the normal
on board stuff, floppy, IDE, 2 USB, 2 serial, 1 parallel.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail