Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.legal
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"pamela" wrote in message
On 13:04 2 Oct 2017, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 02/10/17 12:01, pamela wrote:

The negotiation is not just the part where we sit around a
table and banter with one another over tea & biscuits then
leave with handshakes and smiles. Everything is part of the
negotiation and that includes walkouts, threats, brinkmanship,
partisan voting, off the record briefings and so on.

Yes, thats how amateurs negotiate, Business men establish first
that they are not dealing with idiots, and play the game mostly
straight. It saves time and money

The EU aims to win by fair means or foul.

Yes, but given that Britain is free to make an obscene gesture in the
general direction of the EU and that there is nothing the EU can do
about that if Britain chooses to do that, their aim is irrelevant.

The British aim to win by only fair means.

That’s less clear.

Who is most likely to win?

It aint that binary. Much more likely that Britain will leave
and do fine after it has left, but wont have the complete
free trade that is has with the EU currently and wont be
paying the obscene amount of money to the EU every
year that it currently does, and will be free to decide
for itself which EUians will be allowed to move to Britain.

I'm not asking whose conscience is the clearest.

Do we want a good deal or not?

Depends on how you define a good deal.

Plenty realise that trading under the WTO rules, no
longer sending billions a year to the EU and being
free to decide what EUians are allowed to move to
Britain is not only a good deal, its an excellent outcome.

Whether you agree is irrelevant, the majority of those
who bothered to vote said that’s what they want and
you remoaners get to like that or lump it.

Are we going to wise up to the EU's tactics

Britain has already done that and told Bernier that
there is no mention of any exit fee in Article 50 or
the Lisbon Treaty and to take his demands and
shove them where the sun don’t shine.

or are we going to moan about the unfair way
Johnny Foreigner played and won the game?

The EU wont be winning anything and it aint no game either.

So we have learnt that the EU is run by amateurs.

Quelle surprise!