Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Looking for 3mm Teflon Coated Stainless Wire

On Mon, 2 Oct 2017 16:05:46 -0400, "Carl Ijames"
wrote:

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news
"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news
Looking for 3mm Teflon Coated Stainless Wire as a core for a mold I am
designing.

I checked McMaster and they topped out at 0.082 in. I'm looking for .118in
(3mm). Some of the lab and medical supplies go to .090 in, but that's still
too small. Suggestions?

*************
So far the best appearing solution is to get 3mm OD (2mm ID) tube and push
some 2mm wire thru it. If its tight, great. I can make a jig to hold the
tube straight during the process.

So you need the overall od to be 3 mm, not 3 mm rod plus a teflon coating?
You don't say how long or how many, but if you need a tight grip between
teflon and SS you could use teflon heat shrink on SS rod, instead of pushing
on teflon tubing. If the length is short, shrink in batches in an oven.

They make Teflon heatshrink? No ****?!!?

Thanks!!

---