Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default I've just had a flexible hose burst.

I had some issues with those alloy convoluted type bendable pipes some years
ago where pin holes appeared.
No flooding but all needed to be changed. A real pain. thus far no problems
with the truly flexible kind. Maybe you were just unlucky?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Rednadnerb" wrote in message
I've just had a flexible hose burst.
7 years old under the bath and connected to the hot tap. The braiding was
completely corroded and the rubber pipe split. The flat below flooded.

I had no idea that there was an issue with these but can see from old
posts that this is a common problem.

Now I have to try and think of all the other places/jobs where I have
installed them.

A plumber has told me only to use WRAS approved, which the ones from
Wickes are. Pretty sure the duff one came from Screwfix.