Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New roof coming Oct 07

On Sun, 01 Oct 2017 11:15:14 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 17:48:00 -0400, wrote:

Can the roofer lightly torch the shingles to make them pliable? Attach
and not worry...

Torch and not worrry in the same sentance????

Read the question and the last part. How did you come up with the "in
the same sentence", Clare?!

I'm not talking about burning the house down, but to simply use a
torch to lightly heat the shingles so they are pliable.

There is a reason "hot roofers" are almost impossible to insure - and
a lot of "cold roofers" around here I wouldn't trust with a torch on a
roof - sorry you actually had the torch and worry in 2 separate
sentances.

Anyway, the sun will warm up the shingles and stick them down on a
cold sunny day.

If you need to warm shingles to lay them it's too darn cold to be on
the roof anyway - buy I'd use a flameless heat gun