Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Old GE range schematic

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 3:54:11 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:
One would think there would be the proverbial "veritable plethora" of
such readily available on web by search but I can find precious little
and nothing of actual use.

Looking for schematic for old GE model BV42G 001AD free-standing range.
Trying to troubleshoot problem with self-clean cycle not starting
owing to the door lock solenoid not powering. The solenoid itself is
ok; works fine when apply voltage, it's just not getting the signal.

Trying to decipher if issue is in the timing or the other interlocks but
difficult to trace wiring to tell just what is in conjunction with
what...there's an interlock to temperature to not let it unlock when
it's cooling, but shouldn't be anything preventing it when starting.

It was intermittent for a while but now can't get it at all so if knew
the sequence should be able to work way through pieces to get to the end
and find the missing piece, _if_ I could find the wiring of what all is
in the circuit to begin with...

I did just find a link from GE to submit request to for missing
schematics so I did but I'm guessing they're going to tell me that the
range in question is so old they no longer have the data on
file...bought a service manual couple years ago; it doesn't have
schematics with it.

And no, they're not inside some service panel or on the inside or any
such thing; I've had it completely apart that there are no other hidden
places to hide them...

--

Did you try looking for a schematic for a similar model? Usually they
are wired similarly. I did that for my Kitchenaid Fridge, which like'