Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Amazing accomplishment of light bulb sellers

wrote:

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 3:21:37 PM UTC-4, Ignoramus17018 wrote:
It used to be difficult to sell a light bulb for more than $1. And
those would last a while.

Nowadays, they can sell $35 light bulbs, that last only a year, and
that could even get your house hacked.

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Equi...ings-Formerly-
LIGHTIFY/dp/B01HF2CMM4/

This is an amazing accomplishment and something that any old time
crook would be proud of.

Do you remember my posting about Walmart selling 8.5 watt led bulbs? I
checked on the internet and they are now $1.34 each ( actually $5.54 for
four ) . I said I would post when one fails. And I will, but none have
failed so far.

Considering that they last longer , $1.34 each is not bad.

Right, we've gone from 60 W bulbs that were rated at 800 Hours, to CFLs that
seemed to last several thousand hours (I've had some last 5 years, but much
shorter in steamy bathrooms) to LEDs that will, hopefully, last even longer.
Seems like progress to me. But, of course, the power consumption has REALLY
gone down, which is great!

Jon