Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_4_] sweetheart[_4_] is offline

Default [OT] Buying a new mattress

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 12:06:30 PM UTC+1, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
Graeme wrote:

Time for a new king size mattress, ours being rather soft and many, many
years old.

Firm support is the way to go, but any recommendations, or types to
avoid? Looking at John Lewis, where they start around £250 and go up to
silly money. Are those in the £300 range acceptable?

The missus bought a Dreams Sleepeezee Kennedy a few years ago. It is
silly money, and I sulked a bit at the time :-) But I have to admit
that it is one of the best things we've ever bought.

I got a dreams mattress in the summer. It cost around £300 ( just over I think). It was in one of their sales. Its a 1500 pocket sprung. Firm. Its a very nice mattress. It was free delivery and the men brought it straight into the bedroom and onto the bed for me. They were very good ( even took their shoes off - I didnt ask or need them to do that. It was a dreams policy).