Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY speed signs

On 30/09/17 15:54, Roger Hayter wrote:
Huge wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

In one village near here it used to be a 40mph limit, but being
Cambridgeshire, they started up with a warning flasher. Set to *30mph*.

No, not "being Cambridgeshire". More like "being as how ****s like you
were howling through their village at massively excessive speeds"

Surely the rational solution is enforce the 40 limit, rather than
introduce a lower one to be ignored. Unless of course 40 mph is a
massively excessive speed. Which it may be. I seem to be the only
person around here who drives through some villages at well under the
speed limit. Not popular behaviour.

In this case there was a crossroads and they put up a house on te corner
and it got very poor visibility after that so I think the 30 was
probably justified...