Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Tommy MacDonald's new shop

On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 5:01:42 PM UTC-4, Michael wrote:
On Friday, September 29, 2017 at 9:44:47 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 4:35:31 PM UTC-5, Electric Comet wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:08:44 -0800 (PST)
MJ wrote:

While, Tommy is no Norm, he does some interesting projects, he's

who is he

and what does it mean to say that he is no norm

Norm is kind of a woodworkers superman. He was on This old house for quite a while but his show was called The New Yankee Workshop.

Norm is great, except that I die a little bit inside every time he reaches for the belt sander. I don't think I ever saw him use a hand plane.

I recall one episode when he was building a router table/storage unit. He included some
large drawers on the bottom. That's when I realized that he doesn't change router bits,
he changes routers. I was just starting to collect tools and was envious that he had a
drawer full of routers, while I only had 1. I thought 1 was enough, more was just showing
off.

Now I have 3 routers (full size for hand use, trim, and full size in the router table). Sometimes
I wish I had more. We grow. :-)