Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default Painting a Bakelite radio cabinet

Mike Coon wrote on 9/30/2017 7:11 PM:
In article ,
says...

In this case, it's caused by authors being paid by the page. In the
distant past, authors were paid by the word. This resulted in
numerous abrevs, contractions, and hypenations to increase the word
count.

That reminds me of my invention of logarithmically-lined paper because
there is always just a few extra lines of writing which (when we used to
do long-hand) just needed to be fitted in to that last page...

That one was pretty good! You should get that patented. lol

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998