Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default car rust repair

On 8/31/2017 5:20 PM, wrote:
Por 15 is not UV stable. It has to be topcoated.

I'm late to the party, but I have some personal experience here. Back
in '03 I painted a trailer frame with POR-15 and did not top coat it.
(An erroneous page on their web site said that it didn't need to be top
coated.)

The POR-15 that is on the part of the frame that is exposed is intact
and there is no rusting there, or anywhere. It will likely fail sooner
than if it was top coated, but I'm pretty satisfied with the 14 years
that I've gotten.

Bob