Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Lamp safety

On 09/30/2017 12:57 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 12:26:57 PM UTC-4, philo wrote:
On 09/30/2017 09:57 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 08:16:31 -0500, philo wrote:

I just disassembled a table lamp and saw something new to me.

There was a small block in the base which from the way it was wired must
be a safety device to kill the power if a hot lead would touch the base.

Common "cold" with "hot" in and "hot" out plus one wire going to the
metal rod.

Looks like a good idea.

Are you sure it wasn't just a "touch controller"?
That is how they connect.

Aha! thank you

I Googled and it looks just like one.

Since it's not working maybe that's why my neighbors threw the lamp out.

I will toss the controller but keep some of the parts

If you want to fix it, you might find a new touch controller gizmo on Ebay.

Oh the lamp is just a cheapie and thought it worked fine by simply using
the on/off switch, I already have it disassembled for parts