Default Flooring

Hi All,

Quick question - looking for suggestions

I am remove a counter space 14' x 10' from my wife store. The floor behine and the counter itself is on a
raised section (aprox 4in) . I am taking all of this out so will be left with a hole in the carpet (concrete). Here's my thoughts so far.

I am either going to put tile on the floor (black to match some at the entrance) or I'm going to use a Pergo style flooring in there
(But not sure if that will be to slippery in the cold north here (snow etc)).

Any other ideas out there? Funds are limited so I want something that works that also doesn't break the bank.

Thanks in advance.

Rich.