Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default strobing

On 30/09/2017 13:47, John Rumm wrote:
In article ,
*** Bill Wright wrote:
On 29/09/2017 07:23, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes they can. I think it has something to do with the fact they do not
actually have any persistence of emission like most tungsten lamps
would or like the coating on many discharge lamps. I think you would
need to be very unlucky to get the strobe* speed so near a rotation
speed that it almost stood still though. Brian

What can happen is that when the tool is on load it looks as if the
wheel or chuck is slipping.

You use a torch to light work on a machine tool?

I find head torches very good for some machining operations - very good
for keeping the light exactly where you need it and not casting your own
shadow on it.

+1 - I've used a Petzl for some 5 years, still going.

--
Cheers, Rob