Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default DIY speed signs

On Sat, 30 Sep 2017 02:01:16 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

We have one not far from here that flashes up a (way too bright) "Slow
Down" message if you dare approach it at an indicated 27 mph (so less in
reality)

Since its so obviously incorrectly set, everyone ignores it conpletely -
which does make you wonder why anyone bothers!

On Wednesday I was walking towards one of these but on the opposite side of
a wide raod. When I was about 30 deg. off it started to flash. I couldn't
hear any traffic so looked back - no traffic, moving or parked. Obviously I
walk faster than I thought.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away