Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default strobing

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
When my Dad had his lathe delivered in the late 70s (who do you think
taught me the importance of the right tool for the right job ?) I
remember the delivery guy commenting that we should fit something to the
power supply to de-phase it from the lights. (Or maybe something to the
lights). He had the mandatory tale of seeing someone put their face into
a spinning lathe.

TV cameras are very sensitive to the flicker from basic tubes. So they
tend to have to be changed less efficient high persistance ones if forced
to use this type of lighting on say a location.

One real problem was boxing matches where the ring lighting is designed by
the boxing authority, and is fluorescent. The answer was to use a three
phase supply with alternate phase feeding adjacent tubes.

--
*Half the people in the world are below average.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.