Joseph Meehan

Default dimmer switch - _hot_ screws

You left out a few important facts. First, are they all handling the
same load (total wattage?) Are they all set to the same brightness? Are
they are rated the same and the same brand/model.

As suggested, I suggest you get a heavier duty unit to replace the one
that is getting hot.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"Blake Patterson" wrote in message
I have 3 dimmers in my house that are the same model dimmer. Have them
controlling ceiling lights. Two give of very minor warmth generally
during operation, while one gives off so much heat that the screws
holding in the face plate are almost too hot to touch.

Is this likely a bad switch? Just get a new one? Worrisome as it's
housed in a plastic box, not metal.

Thanks.

bp

--