Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Frost free upright freezer problem. Long Post

Bob Minchin wrote in
news
DerbyBorn wrote:
You summarised it quite well - My daughter had one (not Bosch) and I
had to replace the timer as a gear had stripped I recall.

Thanks DB
I'm not sure if mine has a timer module or if it is electronic. The
badge on the front says "computer control" but that could be marketing
garbage.
I'll have to drag it out from the wall and see if there is a module
round the back.
I'll spend some time on YouTube thanks for the prompt. I should know
that nearly everything appears there.

Bob

They can get overwhelmed with ice due to an "incident" and then the defrost
time doesn't quite clear it. A full manual fefrost is the way to go.