Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Aquapanel screws - very disappointed.

On 29/09/2017 17:21, Rednadnerb wrote:
7 years ago I installed a shower using Aquapanels, I used Aquapanel screws and thought how clever that they can make screws out of ceramic - rust free and quite expensive.
I decided to use them to screw the cistern to the wall as well and have just taken the lid off for a look. Completely rusted, I had to use a pliers on the head to get them out.
What a rip off.

Should have used stainless steel or brass (not brassED) screws and old
2p pieces (check with a magnet) with a hole drilled as washers.