Steve

Default Advantage: Lawn Vac vs. Mower?

This time of the year I always get LOTS of leaves on my lawn, as on my
street I have more trees than anyone, and usually spend hours gathering
up leaves as they fall and completely cover my lawn and driveway.

I always see these 4 in 1 lawn vac machines (chipper, shredder, vac,
blower) that claim to clean up lawns. These things appear to look
exactly like lawn mowers, except maybe have bigger bags.

I have a Toro lawn mower and can maybe go 1 minute or less before the
bag is filled with chopped up leaves, and that makes using the mower
impossible to use, unless I just mulch the leaves and not bag it, but
that doesn't make for a very nice looking lawn when the spring comes
around.

Anyone have any experiences with these Lawn Vacs?
Generally around $450-550, are they worth it compared to using a regular
lawn mower?

Aside from buying a tractor, would one of these Lawn Vacs make my job
easier over using a mower?

Thanks for any advice,

Steve