Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] clair25964@gmail.com is offline

Default Tommy MacDonald's new shop

On 2017-02-22 2:08 PM, MJ wrote:
While, Tommy is no Norm, he does some interesting projects, he's speech pattern is a bit off putting but he's a friendly guy according to people I know who have worked with him. Currently, he's been showing a series of shows where he's built a new shop. This week, we got a peak at the equipment he's put into it.

Wow! He's got all top of the line, or appears to have, European style equipment. Sliding table saw that is also a planner and joiner, one of those huge sanders (kind like what Norm had), etc. It's possible he's going to do more jobs outside of the show, but chee-whiz it's hard to relate to a project when someone is using equipment that is more expensive then the sum of all the tools in my shop!

What do you think?

MJ

He built one hell of a shop, I wish the brand name of those new tools
was shown more clearly, but on the other hand, I have neither the space
or the budget for them.

--
Froz....

It looks to me like he's using SCM tools. Very high dollar stuff. His table saw would have been in the $15,000 range. I like the show enough to watch it but these guys are so unrealistic it's sickening. I mean how many woodworkers can afford $150,000 for tolls after putting up a building that I'm sure cost just as much as that. I just watched a show where he used ceder to build outside doors for his wood storage, whish I agree is best but come on, the whole show is overkill.