Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Painting a Bakelite radio cabinet

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 10:31:04 PM UTC-4, wrote:

Add to that, the fact that most caps are now made in China, and I know
they wont last.

LOL! You *are* one stupid son of a bitch. There, I said it.

Even the worse plastic caps will outlast any paper and wax cap (one exception for another thread). I've been using these Chinese caps to restore old radios for 20 years and not one has failed. But by all means, keep using those paper caps and destroy tubes and transformers that are no longer in production - in *any* country...

And even if you were to believe your own bull****, do you really think caps that are already 70 years old have any reliability left in them, more than a brand new Chinese plastic cap?

Jeff says you can't fix stupid. My older brother says you can fix stupid but you can't fix *really* stupid. I think you qualify as the latter.