Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Robin Ingenthron Robin Ingenthron is offline

Default Q: Universal Power Supply Boards for TV LCD/LED backpanes

Our company is manufacturing backlight signs for restaurants, and our current process involves keeping the original TV power board to light the backpane.

We think the TV powerboard is "overkill" to just run the lights and also has more value sold for another TV.

Does anyone have experience with Universal power boards like these ones (sold on Alibaba)?

http://www.finder.com.cn/Products/Details/LCDPower.htm

Finally, what's the best vocabulary word when the OLED crystal sheet is removed and you have only the frame and compact fluorescent / LEDs?

backpane? backlight? backpanels? backplanes?

fairtraderecycling.org
Robin at WR3A dot org