Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default unFIT solar

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 17:30:59 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 13:30:43 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 20:48:07 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
solar farm with its own battery storage and no FITs ...

http://anesco.co.uk/clayhill-uks-first-subsidy-free-solar-farm

At a rough calculation I estimate that 1% of the UK would need to be covered by these farms to generate enough for the 27 million households in the UK

Each household should have PV on the roof.
And commercial buildings.

I'll have one on mine oif someone is willing to pay for it.
The I can pay them back for teh amount of electricity it generates in the same way I'd pay my electricity supplier, so if they make me an offer.....