Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono

Default Painting a Bakelite radio cabinet

rickman wrote:

It all depends on the details. I used a paint for plastic to use on a
plastic container and it did not work well at all. I cleaned the
surface well, but did not rough it up and did not use a primer. It
was not too long before the paint started to peel. I don't know the
type of plastic. It was a food storage container with a seal ring
commonly available in stores. Just a data point for what it is worth.

If you are talking about 'Tupperware' type containers, that plastic
is the lowest grade available. It won't hold paint, and common adhesives
won't stick to it.

--
Never **** off an Engineer!

They don't get mad.