Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Thermoplastic road lettering

wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 13:26:55 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

We've got some thermoplastic letters to mark our office parking
space. It falls on me to fit the stuff.
Never done it before - is it reasonably straightforward?

How tall are the letters?

2 foot

I've got a standard plumbing propane torch, nothing huge.

I'd have thought a torch intended for roofing would be required and a
corresponding LPG tank.

Something like this maybe? https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001MU10GA

We did try it with my torch in the end since we only had three letters to do. We managed but it took a while and the result was probably not quite as good (but sufficient for our needs). A bit like trying to solder 22mm with an undersized torch... I'd do it again, but if I had to do it a few more times I'd spend 50 quid and get the proper kit.

Or make your own. (this IS uk.d-i-y )
https://imgur.com/a/vOmMV